Ocean Builders timeshares

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean Builders timeshares

This subforum is meant to help people to coordinate timeshares of their seasteads. People can purchase a share of a seastead from Ocean Builders and they come here to either coordinate amongst themselves or work with a timeshare company to find the best application for their share of the seastead.

What about "sharecropping", i.e. a seastead owner and a tenant agreeing to have the tenant farm some fraction of the area around the seastead in exchange for a % of harvest and also room and access to the Satcom internet, electricity etc.? Is that on the table for anyone?

Comment

• skipperzzyzx
      skipperzzyzx commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good question. At this point probably not. At least, I would not expect it to be so.
      "sharecropping" has to have a crop before sharing it. Same way with the "% of the harvest" needs a harvest before the % of.
      In my opinion, it is the cutting edge, and all those have to be developed: room, internet, electricity, ... etc.

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    What about "sharecropping", i.e. a seastead owner and a tenant agreeing to have the tenant farm some fraction of the area around the seastead in exchange for a % of harvest and also room and access to the Satcom internet, electricity etc.? Is that on the table for anyone?
    Any economic activity (commercial fishing, farming, oil drilling...) must be 200NM offshore otherwise its within Thailands tax grab zone.

Comment

• Jay
      Jay commented
      Editing a comment
      Is bartering taxable activity in Thailand or does currency have to be exchanged?

Also, even if the activity is taxed, it may be useful to work out a farming system at a convenient distance from shore.

Cost? Location? Description of the structure?

Comment

Working...
    X